Who Are UHP Students?
Urban Health Program Students are:
- African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, or American Indian students currently enrolled in a degree program at UIC that leads to health science or medical research discipline;
- Graduate students, or aspiring undergraduate students, from traditionally underrepresented groups who have an interest in pursuing a health care career;
- Elementary and High School students who participate in UHP pipeline activities or the UIC Early Outreach Program or any program that helps students prepare for college and exposes them to career opportunities in healthcare;
- Students who are concerned about health care disparities that plague urban, poor, predominantly minority populated communities;
- Outstanding students and leaders with a commitment to service and to social justice.